Plastics Make it Possible…ENSO Makes it Responsible.
ENSO Plastics is the global leader of environmental plastic solutions. With the expertise and experience to understand your needs, we provide a full spectrum of solutions from compostable, landfill biodegradable, marine degradable, renewable (bio-based) and customized solutions that lower your carbon footprint and meet the high performance demands of today’s products while ensuring the most environmental approach. At ENSO Plastics, we are committed to providing you with specialized technologies to create plastics designed for the environment for commercial and consumer use, and bringing about consumer awareness to advance environmentally sound principles that secure a better future for the generations to come.
Our product lines include:
ENSO RESTORE - Additive technology to enhance the biodegradation of traditional materials, including PET, PE, PS, PVC, Nitrile, Rubber, Latex, Phenol, PP, adhesives and more. These materials enhanced with ENSO RESTORE biodegrade 90% faster than without ENSO RESTORE. This includes biodegradation within landfills, as validated by independent certified laboratories using ASTM International test methods.
- Cost Effective
- Easy to implement drop-in additive - added at 1%
- Landfill biodegradable - from microbial process
- Does NOT breakdown from oxygen or UV (not oxo-degradable)
- FDA compliant and safe for food contact
- No loss in physical properties or shelf-life
- Maintains recyclability
- Provides an end-of-life solutions for both recycling and/or landfill options
- ASTM D5526, ASTM D5511, ASTM D5988 and BMP (Bio-Methane Potential) biodegradation validation
- Biodegrades in both anaerobic and aerobic environmentsENSO RENEW - Renewable biopolymer used as a standalone polymer or as a polymer replacement for PE and PP. This ASTM D6400 certified bio-resin is made from agricultural waste material, is fully edible, home and industrial compostable, marine degradable and is semi-water soluble.
- Renewable resin
- Made from agriculture industry waste processes
- 70% lower carbon footprint over PE
- FDA compliant and safe for food contact
- Use as a stand-alone resin or blend with PE up to 40%
- Compostable in industrial or home compost environments
- ASTM D6400
- Marine degradable as a stand-alone resin
- Safe if consumed by wildlifeCustom Solutions – ENSO is a trusted partner for companies worldwide; creating unique environmental solutions, customized applications and materials for specialized projects and materials.
These solutions are critical as sustainability is more than simply “going green” and it is no longer sufficient to run status quo. Today’s market is dynamic, educated and the expectations of your customers are high. Providing sustainable solutions demands experts that understand the performance, design and disposal of your product to encompass the “3 R’s” - REDUCE, REDUCE, REDUCE.
Reduce Cost: Our goal is to reduce your costs, because we understand bottom line is that your bottom line must be sustainable, and all environmental decisions must be balanced with expense. Our solutions are designed with efficiency and cost as a determining factor which allows ENSO to remain the leader in competitive pricing and leading edge solutions for plastics sustainability.Reduce Materials: ENSO solutions allow you to reduce the amount of petroleum based material used in your applications, compared to alternative green solutions. Our biodegradable and renewable solutions are used in very thin films and light-weighted packaging without loss in performance and properties, many manufacturers find increased performance and the ability to further lightweight materials when using ENSO solutions.Reduce Waste: There are two primary forms of waste; scrap during manufacturing and product waste after use. ENSO has eliminated the historical high scrap rate due to processing difficulties and material incompatibility with alternative plastics. With ENSO you received fine-tuned solutions that easily integrate in your machines and processes. And, whether your product is disposed of in a landfill, marine or compost environment, ENSO has the solutions for your application and prevent long term waste problems.
ENSO Plastics is the expert in plastic sustainability, providing the knowledge and experience to evaluate your materials and create tailored solutions ideal for your product performance needs and sustainability goals.
To learn more about how your company can improve the negative impact of traditional plastics check out our Products page or speak with one of our Sales Representatives. We look forward to working with you.
*Independent 3rd party testing has shown up to 24.7% biodegradation within 160 days in optimized conditions. Actual rate of biodegradation will vary dependent upon environmental conditions and the biological activity of microorganisms surrounding the plastic.